Technically there is no minimum, but it is 1 yacht per group. We usually say 6 people is our recommended minimum because it is the smallest group size that is cost-efficient for you! If there’s just 4 of you that just means it will be a little more expensive, but in return you’ll have more space onboard.
There is no maximum – the more the merrier! Our yachts sleep 6-10 people, so if you have a group of 30 for example we will simply organise 3-4 yachts for your group.
We only require £40 per person up front to secure a booking. The rest is payed in 2 instalments at later dates, 30 days after booking, and the final instalment only 45 days before you travel.
Booking payments are split into 3 instalments, although you can pay it all up front if you wish.
Every crew member can pay their own portion separately.
- Instalment 1 is £40 per person and is due within 24 hours of booking.
- Instalment 2 is 50% and is due 30 days after initial payment.
- Instalment 3 is 50% minus the initial £40 and is only due 45 days before you embark on your holiday with us
In Croatia and Greece you will require an ICC (International Certificate of Competence), and in Croatia you will also require a VHF Radio certificate. The ICC is equivalent to an RYA Day Skipper certificate, and if you have a Day Skipper, Coastal Skipper or Yachtmaster qualification you can apply to the RYA to issue you with an ICC. This is free for members of the RYA or £43 for non-members. It is worth noting that if you are younger than 25, membership only costs £23 per year, so it is worth signing up as it is cheaper than the certificate cost. Read more on the RYA website
The ICC application form can be found on the RYA website here: ICC Application Form (RYA)
For the VHF certificate, the RYA run a Marine radio course that can be taken as a 1 day course at an RYA training centre or as an online course. If you want to take the course online, select ‘Show only centres which do RYA Interactive courses’ as you run your search. Please note that it is only the learning that takes place online, the exam still must be taken in person at an RYA training centre so do pick a training centre that is close to you.
More information: RYA Marine Radio (SRC) Course
Your yacht will be your place to sail, relax, party and sleep for the week, and The Big Sail have made sure that all our bookings come with:
- A professional Skipper (if you have chosen the ‘Skippered’ option)
- WiFi onboard
- Bed linen & towels
- End-of-trip cleaning of the yacht
- Deck speakers with radio, CD and/or iPod connection on most yachts – we will specify if not.
- Inflatable dinghy – for getting around when at anchor, to explore caves and beaches, go for a meal ashore or simply to visit other yachts.
- Outboard engine & fuel for dinghy (Croatia)
- Essential domestic supplies – Loo rolls, dish washing soap, bin bags
- GPS, digital charts and paper charts for the local area
- All safety equipment, lifejackets, harnesses, liferaft, VHF radio & Flares
SEE MORE HERE: https://www.thebigsail.com/what-do-i-get/
We recommend that everyone contributes €60 into a ‘boat kitty’ which will be used to cover any daily usage costs you incur as a group throughout the week. These costs include diesel, mooring fees, tourist tax of €1 per person per day (Croatia only) and a yacht insurance waiver to cover you in case of any damage to your yacht. We include WiFi, dinghy rental and end of week cleaning in our prices, so there are no additional costs other than what’s listed here.