I know the world feels like a fairly unpredictable place at the moment, but one thing that will never change is The Big Sail’s dedication to help you, and to support your sailing holiday plans. I have taken great joy in getting to know many of you personally on skippered charters over the years, and I am very proud of the personal connections and relationships The Big Sail has developed with all of our customers, through a shared loved of adventure and sailing. I wish everyone and their families well in these extraordinary times.
We’re working hard to review all future bookings and to contact everyone whose booking may be affected by COVID-19. Because The Big Sail is an agent, we do not have the authority to cancel/refund/postpone any bookings ourselves as every booking is made individually with one of the charter operators we are partnered with across the world. However, we will continue to give you our full support, and liaise with charter operators on your behalf to help secure the best outcome for your booking.
In most cases, operators are offering the chance to reschedule bookings, although as this is an ever-changing situation most operators are currently focussing on re-booking charters that are scheduled to start within the next 6 weeks at this stage.
If your booking is further in the future (than the next 6 weeks) we will be in touch with you in due course to discuss and explain your options and we will keep monitoring the situation and keep you informed as best we can.
If you have any questions please do get in touch with us. Our primary aim is to ensure the safety of everyone who travels with us, our team, and our worldwide yacht charter partners.
Until we can all safely set sail again, The Big Sail will continue to share our knowledge and our best sailing photos and memories on social media channels, and we hope to keep you inspired as we look back at places we have sailed, and as we dream of new horizons yet to be explored. Please tag us (@thebigsail) or use the #TheBigSail to share your memories with us – we’d love to see them!
I am positive that this storm will eventually pass and the day will soon come when it is safe to cast off those mooring lines and to start exploring once again.
Stay safe and well.
Oliver Austin (Operations Director, The Big Sail LLP)